Friday, June 8, 2012

Malam Berinai, 5 April 2012.

Berinai is where the couple’s hands are stained using henna. The ceremony takes place before the wedding where the palms and feet of the bride is ‘tattooed’ and decorated using henna leaves. 
This will involve the close relatives and friends only. The family members will take their turns in applying the henna on the hands of the couple who are seated on the Pelamin during the ceremony. The intention of the Berinai is said to cleanse the young couple because Henna is regarded as a scared item which is usually used for protection from evil or negative forces. Wallahualam. 


My berinai ceremony took place at my grandparents' place a night before my akad nikah ceremony.
It was just a simple one where my family gathered around to apply some inai on our hands as a sign of blessing i guess.

Hubby had to join us sebab takda orang nak tolong apply inai for him. 
Different culture & race. 

Malam tu I wore Thai Traditional Wedding Dress and he wore Baju Melayu.
You must be wondering why Thai dress? It's because I have Thai blood from my dad's side.
My great grandmother memang orang Thai and from Bangkok. Ok, enough of that.

The night started with berinai tradition where family members took turn to put some inai on my palm.

//Ignore the vain me. haha


Thai Traditional Wedding Dress. 

ketat betul. so hard to sit.

So cute. I miss my late grandma. :(

Happy faces!


Awww so sweet.

Nda Tun so kalut.

And then... it was his turn.
Seronok betul tu..

Alololo cumelnye dia dgn Tok Tan. 

Wah so gangster huh.. scared until!

Cool combination: Muhammad Izz Andrew Yaw & Muhammad Hilman Hooi. :P

Group Photo

After berinai with family. One for the photo album. :)

Then comes the real berinai session.

Hand done, now my leg.

Over excited and can't wait to go home. But how?

Muka penat, sampai bila la boleh buka. Hmmph..
Baru nk kawin, but i look like baru bersalin, dalam pantang .


After a few hours, nak balik memang seksa. Can't walk, can't hold anything.
So hubby had to help me with everything. Lucky me!

.x.o.x.o.

No comments: