Thursday, October 4, 2012

Bun in the oven!




I think now it's safe to announce that me and my husband are expecting our first child.
It has been a secret here because we wanted to wait until a little further along.
It wasn't the best kept secret actually because my husband and I told our closed friends and family as soon as we found out. We were just so excited, we couldn't keep our mouths shut!
I couldn't hide my pregnancy from my co-workers and boss because I was missing work due to terrible morning sickness, so I had to tell them around week 7.
It is hard to fake it in the face if severe morning sickness and missing from work.
I prefer to give them a heads-up rather than having them thinking I'm a deadbeat.
Due to my terrible morning sickness, I had to take some time off from work.
Luckily my boss was okay with it. Everyone has been amazing from the moment they heard the news.
Right now I am 17 weeks pregnant and my baby is the size of an orange.
I am now in my second trimester and feeling better, Alhamdulillah.
The sickness is not fully gone. Making a few appearances now and then.
Hopefully it will disappear for good and never come knocking on my door again.
I am having trouble this time around with the whole body image thing.
I feel like a whale, not pretty. Can't wait to give birth & be super slim like Miranda Kerr. haha
Like its going to happen soon. But whatevs, I can't wait to start working out again like I used to.
Many people said I have this 'pregnancy glow' in me but I doubt that.

How we found out?
I was checking my monthly calendar and that time around my cycle was 34 days long rather than my usual 28 days. So I decided to give it a try. Get a pregnancy test kit.
To be honest, we weren't trying. We left it up to fate.
I knew there was a possibility but never thought its this fast. Just to see a positive result is shocking.
That very night left us both speechless. Not sure if we're ready or plain shocked.
I always wanted kids but I always thought I would have kids later in life. Maybe when I turn 28 or 29.
I don't know who to call or tell. So I rang my sis who was in Bali at that time.
Times like that takpa bill mahal sikit. Cannot keep it to myself.
These are some of the photos after my regular friend decided to stop visiting me for a while.

First few attempts using the cheapo version, nope.. just one line.

After a few days..
Tried a diff kind of test and was shocked to see the result. Couldn't believe my eyes

 Since the previous one mark the symbol ( + ), I decided to try the expensive digital version for triple confirmation and it says Pregnant 3+

3+ weeks means I was already in my 5+ weeks

Like any other excited preggo people, hubby bought this for me to drink.

Before having morning sickness, I was able to enjoy my Anmum Milk.
Then came the withdrawal symptom . Tgk kotak pun boleh muntah mcm air paip laju.

Practicing for future. hehe comels la

He also bought me a keep cup. Katanya senang nak minum & bawa pi mn2. Sweet kan?

We got our first baby present from Kakak & A.Shahril all the way from Bali.
We also received gifts from Ayah and my FiL.. some cute baby rompers & clothes from London.
We also bought a few during the mega sale period. Haven't started shopping seriously.
I guess it is still early now.


August 1:
Week 8.
I had my first check up. Nothing much, just a normal check up and scan.
My first glimpse of lil sweet pea with a heartbeat twice as fast as mine.
The size of the baby at that time was 0.63, which is equivalent to a raspberry.
We didn't snap any photo and forgot to ask for the ultrasound photo as well.
At week 8, to be honest, it doesn't feel that real yet but I must say, seeing your baby for the first time via ultrasound is a very touching moment indeed for me and hubby.
I can see my hubby's happy face. A different look of joy.
A different kinda joy and tears.
And while we were scanning, the doctor even let us listen to the heartbeat.

August 29:
Week 12
Second check up. This time it was a quick one.
The first doctor that we saw wasn't around.
So we had a lady doctor examined me. She was so fierce. Laju gila.
Just plain ultrasound without even letting us hear the cute heartbeat.
But this time we got a copy of the image.
Our baby was so excited, he/she decided to wave at us.
Cute lagi tak boleh ke? *ngap*


This pregnancy has equipped me with the whole package of sickness.
One day, they just decided to pop-up and say Hi Feesha, we're here to visit. Surprise!
Equipped with a whole package of:-
1) Nausea and vomiting
2) Aches and pain
3) Emotionally unstable / hormonal imbalance
4) Bloating and gassiness
5) Food aversion
6) Extreme fatigue

The package that arrived on my doorstep was a complete disaster.
Tak bagi chance langsung. I started vomiting and feeling nausea all the time.
Morning sickness is never a morning kinda thing. It's like ongoing until I shut my eyes at night.
Sometimes, masa tido pun nak gak muntah. Tiring! Now I know why people say its not easy to carry a baby
*I don't understand how people can throw away their baby, have abortion or even dera. Xda perasaan ke?*
To add up the awesome feeling, then comes all the aches - headache, back ache, tender swollen breast, heart ache semua la. Complete!
Just great. Gassy tummy hence farting and burping all the time.
I hope they are not staying for long.
I lost a few Kgs due to all the throwing up and losing my appetite.
People asked me if I'm having funny cravings yet but sadly when I finally have the reason to eat for 2, the thought of most food makes me want to vomit.
My body makes me puke out most of the things I eat. It's like a routine.
Different colors everyday. Sometimes air liur je.
The worst thing is, my nose is extra sensitive.
I've already changed 3 body showers, 2 laundry detergents and can't stand cupboards and laundry smell.
Tengah mandi pun nak muntah. Tak faham betul.

Despite all the sucky part of pregnancy, I am looking forward to :
The nausea leaving my body for good
Having my appetite back
Finding the sex and picking a name
Feeling the baby move for the first time
Decorating the baby room
Arranging cute baby stuff into drawers
Teeny tiny clothes
Snuggling a newborn
Smelling "new baby"
Looking into the most innocent eyes in the world
The feeling of love at first sight
Falling in love

Pretty soon, we'll be finding out the sex.
Thought about waiting and letting it be a surprise but knowing us (hubby & me), we are keen to know the gender because we can't wait to start our baby shopping.
Oh can't wait for the next appointment which is tomorrow morning, Friday 05 Oct.
Will update more soon.


.x.o.x.o.

3 comments:

ainee said...

congrats congrats congrats babe. been reading your blog. im so happy for u. farting & burping - happens to me to now. take good care of urself dear. congrats again to u & hubby.

Tickle Me ! said...

Hello Ainee,

Thanks and congrats to u & hubby too. Hopefully all the gassiness in us will go away soon and bagi chance kita enjoy the rest of our pregnancy period. InsyaAllah. All the best to u too!

Tickle Me ! said...

Thanks Yanty! :)