Tuesday, October 9, 2012

17 weeks Check Up.

I did my 17 weeks check-up last Friday.
So it was an off day for me (M.C.). We planned to go early but the bed was so good.
I usually go to a normal clinic to do my monthly checkup but last few weeks I decided to make an appointment with the famous O&G in SDMC, Dato Dr Siti Zaliha.
Apparently, there was quite a long queue coz she was one of the highly recommended one there.
So we reached SDMC at 10ish for registration. Had an hour for early lunch after that and then straight to the doc's room for full check-up.
In the room after the Q&A she said, "Okay, lie down..since today is the first time you're here, I'm gonna run some test on you".. I didn't know what to expect.
I was asked to take off my pants and underwear & un-hook my bra. The doctor started out with breast examination, followed by the Vajayjay infection test and lastly the ultrasound.
Alhamdulillah, both of us (the baby and I) are healthy.

Third time doing the ultrasound, I was still amazed to see the little one.
And hearing my baby's heartbeat out loud makes me feel so close.
The doctor also told us the gender.
Surprise, surprise. (In the next post)
A healthy baby is all we hope for.






The bump is growing. This means my wardrobe collection is getting limited.
I've been living in stretchy tanks, shirts, large tees, lounge shorts and tights.
No frilly or pretty ladylike tops with skinny jeans.
To be honest, I'm not in the mood to even apply makeup on.

Currently at week 18 and I still feel nothing, no movement or kicking from little orange inside me.
It doesn't hit you that a person is inside of you till you fell them kicking & making themselves known
By now I should fell the movement but it is normal for a first time mom not to feel anything until week 20.
 Patiently waiting!

This pregnancy has been physically and emotionally draining.
From what I read, it is normal to feel this way when you're expecting.
Pregnancy can be a real roller-coaster ride of the emotions of highs and lows and everything in between.
 Just like myself, some women have unstable moods and feelings of depression, often for no apparent reason.
Kesian my hubby. That is why it is very important to talk things over with your partner so he understands that you are not angry or frustrated with him. 
All we need is someone to give us a hug and say everything is going to be okay.
Sometimes out of the blue, I started crying for no reason and breakdown. Depressing betul.
Everything doesn't feel right. Ada saja la yang tak kena.
I need to start working out again. Been tired after coming back from work. This is not good.
Will spill out the good news in my next post.
Pick a guess, Baby BOY or GIRL?



.x.o.x.o.

No comments: