Friday, November 23, 2012

Baby clothes dilemma.

I came across a few articles and blogs recently saying not to buy cute 0-3 month baby clothes and I wonder why. It might sound like a very simple concept but if you ever wandered the baby section of a department store, you will go (ahhhh, so cute... should I get it). It is not cheap, sometimes it costs more than our blouse.. Trust me!

As you all know, I am passionate about baby clothes since forever. I love them. When I was still in Melbourne, I just love to walk around the baby section and shop for my niece.And the sad truth is that they really are absolute most cutest and irresistible the smaller they are. But what I understand from reading is to not be sucked into their trap. Okay, maybe you can buy one or two - or the most maybe 4 or 5. But that's it.


Here's why: Most babies that size are going to spend about 75% of their time sleeping. The other 25% is spent pooping or spitting up. Besides that you really aren't going to leave your house that much in those first few months - Going through confinement period and looking awful with a high bun on your head.

It is advised to not take out your baby around any crowds until he is at least 6 weeks old. And when you're home, there is really nothing more precious than dressing him/her in a simple rompers. In addition, they will grow so fast in those first few weeks. Before you know it, you will be packing up those teeny tinies.

Knowing myself, I know how tempting it is going to be but really - I need to control myself. I'm going to settele for several packs of white onesies and some sweet but budget friendly footsie pajamas.





No comments: