Monday, June 10, 2013

Approaching labour


I've been putting off this post for months.

On the 3rd of February around 10.30 pm, hubby and I was happily going for supper at McD when..
I suddenly feel a little leakage down there which was not normal. 
Having the sikap "tidak apa" that time, we actually went to McD to have our Chicken Mcdeluxe and Sundae Fix *burp*
After complaining and asking stupid questions, hubby got so worried and asked me to call up my sis just to ask whether it's normal to have that.
So I did. She then panicked and asked me to go straight to the hospital for a check up.
I was thinking, why.. maybe its nothing serious because there wasn't any pain; plus I am only in my 34 weeks.
So I took my time, dilly dallied and slowly pack up my stuff in my hospital bag which I prepared a couple of days before. 
(I haven't finished packing coz I thought I still have a month to go before my estimated due date)
So to make everyone happy, I dragged myself to the emergency unit that night.

Hubby dropped me in front of the emergency unit and asked me to register while he finds a parking spot. But knowing me, a person who hates hospital visits, I sat and waited for him to come.
After registering, the nurse told me to wait in a room while they prepare for my documentation.
Feeling weird and sleepy, I waited for 45 minutes before they transferred me to the labor unit in a different building. 
Next thing I know, there was a wheelchair waiting for me. 
I told them I can walk but the nurse insisted I should relax and rest in case of emergency.
It was my first time sitting on a wheelchair.
Laughing, smiling and giggling, everything seems funny.
I was asked to change to the hospital attire.
I thought everything was funny until they put me in the labor room and started to stick all sorts of wires on me.
Even worst when they started checking how far dilated I was at that time.
I did not feel any pain right until the midwife did the procedure.
Then...
I started bleeding non stop.
I can't explain how painful it was. The vaguely uncomfortable part about the procedure is the fact that the midwife is sticking a hand up in your vagina. I don't know about you people but I find it painful and don't start about the feeling of discomfort.
I seriously regret going to the hospital that night.

As my progress was really slow, the midwife told me to go for walks along the labor room corridor to speed up my labor. 

So there I was walking like a crazy 'mak buyung' in the middle of the night alone up and down the labor unit.
Surprisingly it didn't cross my mind about how scary hospital can be especially the labor room. haha
 I guess I was too scared of what's coming - giving birth that is!
Hubby left to get something from the house because we thought the baby is coming soon.
So I called up my parents in the wee hours to inform them.
A few rounds of check up and monitoring, still no progress. 
It only adds up the pain and bleeding.
Looks like there won't be any baby coming that day.
Although we did not get any sleep that night, I am so thankful hubby was there beside me all the time while I took short naps in between. 
Doctor came the next morning and told me to hold it in for another week or so.
She gave me some meds to relax and told me to come back on Friday 8 Feb.
That was the highlight of the day. Went home with a happy heart.
At least I got some time before the arrival of my bundle of joy.
It means more time to prepare and more time to rest.
That very morning..
It was really good to be back home on my bed. 
Nothing beats the feeling. 




















Stay tuned for more labor stories.

No comments: