Thursday, June 20, 2013

New Journey in life - Motherhood.

I apologize for being away for too long without any news or update right after I gave birth to my baby boy. I had so much to write but I just couldn't find the time to actually sit and spill it out. I am occupied with mummy duties 24/7 which I myself can't cope with anything anymore apart from baby and baby stuff. I feel blessed beyond what I imagined for my life. As a first time mom, life is pretty hectic and time seems to fly away so fast day by day. It's a lot of dealing with tantrums, a lot of poppy diaper explosions, frequent feeding time, less sleeps, sick baby etc. But luckily Allah gave us grace to get through those hard days. Sometimes I feel so tired I was nauseous. But overall, that is motherhood I suppose. Although I don't get enough rest like before, no me time doing things I love, no time for home spa, cooking, crafting, cleaning and last but not least sadly I have to bid goodbye to my 7 hours sleep, I am very much enjoying my journey as a new mother.


Many times when I actually get some time to myself (very little these days), 
I tend to look past the hard moments/ hours/ days and see the beautiful gifts in my life.
I always wanting to be a mommy and have my very own lil family.
I wanted to know what my baby will look like.
And now when I look at my baby's face, I feel like I've known him forever. 

Some days can be exhausting but this little man keeps us alive & laughing.

Say hello to Izz Alexander Yaw

I love being a mom
LOVEEEE IT!
I love being a mom but truth being said, it's HARD. It is one of the hardest but most rewarding things I've done in my life. Thanks to my Hubby for always lending me a hand around the house and providing me with a helper to help me around the house. Although I'm blessed with a little family of my own, I have cried while getting dressed because:
1. Most of the time I have baby spit on me
2. I don't know what fits or what doesn't fit at this point
3. I have limited baby friendly tops and dresses
4. Some days I look in the mirror and see a tired mommy; not the fresh faced girl like I used to be.

Hence, I need to do something to feel better and gain my confidence back. I am now working hard to get my pre-baby body. Swimming, running and cycling keeps me going. 

A day after I got out from the hospital


I have felt tired
I have felt overwhelmed
I have felt incapable
I have felt like a failure
I have felt like I wasn't ready
I have felt like my brain was going to explode

I'm TIRED, a lot.
I always wanted to be a mom. But no one told me was how TIRED you will be as a parent.
But the crazy thing about parenting exhaustion, it can suddenly be easy in one sweet moment with your child. You won't even remember how hard it is to go through everyday.

A hug, laugh, a giggle, a reach for you makes you forget how worn you feel.
It also gives you the feeling of peace. Just knowing you are everything to that child makes your heart flutters. Mummy loves you so much sayang.

Alex's first photo at home in his bassinet

 My handsome boy, my new obsession

He was so tiny and fragile. Gerammmmm.

These photos were taken a few days after I got my shining star :)
Feb 2013

.x.o.x.o.

No comments: