Monday, December 24, 2012

Sick during pregnancy

It's been almost a week I've not been in the best of health.
Down with blocked nose, headache and sore throat.
The headache doesn't seem to go away.
Today is the worst. Too bad I didn't get the day off for Christmas eve.
Can't wait to leave the office and get back home.
Hopefully I'll be okay for Christmas tomorrow.
I just need a good nap.



Read somewhere that pregnant women's immune system runs at low speed.
The down side of this immune suppression is that my body can't fight off colds or flu as well as it normally does - making it extremely vulnerable to coming down with a stuffy or runny nose, a cough or a sore throat.

What I can do about colds and flu during pregnancy:
# Rest, and plenty of it
# Water, and plenty of it
# Orange juice or other juices with vitamin C

Hoping for a speedy recovery.
*sobs sobs*



No comments: