Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Reflection of 2011 & How To Be A Happy Person Overall.

The good life, as I conceive is a happy life. I do not mean that if you are good you will be happy; I mean that if you are happy, you will be good.

Ever since happiness heard your name, it has been running through the streets to find you. No one is in control of your happiness but you; therefore, you have the power to change anything about yourself or your life that you want to change.

Today, I woke up with a smile on my face and feeling oh-so-happy and fresh. To hear the sweet voice of my love and to see my mom waking me up and lying down next to me on my bed was just perfect to start my day. It is true that most studies on happiness agree that family and relationships are the surest way to happiness. Most people think that money and material possessions can make one happy but the truth is there's so much more than that.

Loved ones
The happiest people spend time with those they love including family, partners and friends. The emotional support these people provide is priceless. Having people around you that you love, trust and care for makes you feel that you're not alone.

Passion / Career

Do what you like, like what you do. You have to like what you do enough to never work again. A job with a corresponding high salary isn't always what makes people happy. In fact, these jobs often make people miserable unless your heart is in what you do. Unfortunately, not everyone can afford to pursue their dream job and not everyone finds meaning in their job just like myself. I like my job but I have yet to find my passion in everyday life. For now, I will just settle with what I have.

We are happiest when engaged in activities that makes us forget ourselves and lose track of time. We need our "flow" experience in daily life. Flow can be achieved when making something out of love like writing, making music, gardening, painting, practicing sports, playing with children, scrap-booking and so much more. Doing what you do best is the best way to achieve flow. By finding meaning in what you do, you will feel fulfilled and have a sense of purpose.

Positive Thinking
One attitude contributing to happiness is the refusal to compare yourself with others. Never compare. Id you really have to compare, compare down and not up. Apart from that, choose to believe the better option. For example, if your partner often works late, accept that he/she is overwhelmed with deadlines instead of telling yourself that he/she just doesn't care enough to spend time with you.

Gratitude
Happy people = grateful people.

Freedom
It is impossible to become truly happy when you don't have even a small ounce of freedom in your life. Whether its making a choice for yourself or expressing yourself creatively. Personal freedom is important.

Forgiveness
Those who cannot forgive become angry and depressed over time and suffer poorer health due to the physical reactions to these negative emotions. Let go and be happy.
Giving to others
What lifted people from depression = helping others.
Whether by volunteering to help sick people/homeless shelter, holding the hand of a terminally ill patient, raising funds for charity, help in charity events, tutoring children from poor families are all forms of giving that set us back on the path to normalcy and happiness.

Religion
A person's specific religion belief or domination does not seem to matter as much as long as they beliefs in something in life. Religion provides a personal creed, a direction in life and this sense of purpose contributes to a person's well-being and happiness.

Good Health
Maintaining your health is another way to achieve happiness.Being overweight or not eating nutritious foods can have a negative effect on your mood. Additional exercise is good so that you could release endorphins that gives you the feeling of happiness.

Keep yourself in reasonably good health so that you can enjoy life, but do not obsess over it thinking that more healthy brings more happiness. Not just healthy people are happy people but you might be surprise that ill patients and sick people are also happy people because they are grateful with what they have left still.

Understanding
Understanding what it is that will make you happy. Everyone has unique requirements for attaining happiness and what makes one happy may vary.

Success
People who have achieved personal or professional success in their life are more inclined to pursue other goals and try new experiences. They become more content with the direction their life is taking and are generally happier in the long run.

Goals
Make plans for attaining goals that you believe will make you happy. Your mood will very likely to increase as you pursue your goal because you will feel better about yourself for going after something you value.

Surrounding
Surround yourself with happy people. Happy people attract happy people and environment.

Solution
When something goes wrong, try to figure out a solution instead of wallowing in self pity. Never allow set backs to affect your mood.
Stop & Ponder
Spend a few minutes each day thinking about the things that make you happy. These few minutes will give you the opportunity to focus on the positive things in your life and will lead you to continue happiness.

Take time off
It is important to take some time each day to do something nice for yourself. Whether you treat yourself to lunch, take a long relaxing bath or simply spend a few extra minutes on your appearance for you to feel spectacularly good.

Humor

Finding the humor in situation can also lead to happiness.



Bring colors to your day with positive message.
Each morning when I open my eyes I tell myself: I, not any events have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is past, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm doing everything that I can to be happy.


These are some of my happy pills: (in random order)

Family Photo of '87

Family Photo of '91

Memories

Family photo minus baby bro

The smell of baby skin

Artsy crafty

The Big Day of Graduation

Beautiful clouds / view

London City

RMIT University

Major Tournaments with Daddy

Funny photos

Bestfriends

Shopping Splurge

Colorful Pretty Things


Thoughtful Gifts


Pretty Flower Bouquet / white roses


Relaxation time in the tub


My cutie pies!


Miffy my favourite water cooler


My partner in crime, my best friend, my shoulder, my crazy racer girl, my shopping buddy - my sister!


.X.O.X.O.

No comments: